(serving size: 1 cup)
Ingredients (recipe makes 2 servings)
- 2 cups blanched broccoli with stems on (lightly cooked no more than 2 minutes)
- ¼ cup cranberries (can sub raisins or dried apricots)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp honey (or less depending on sweetness of coconut milk and preference)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon
- 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup slivered or chopped toasted almonds (or your favorite nut)
- add ⅓ cup edamame beans (optional)
- Mix honey, apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, lemon juice, grapeseed oil and a pinch of sea salt and let sit.
- Blanch broccoli for about 4 minutes. Immediately place in cold water and let cool.
- Cut broccoli heads off stems and slice stems lengthwise in matchstick size.
- Chop almonds (optional to toast in pan with a bit of salt and teaspoon of olive oil).
- Mix everything together and enjoy.