(serving size: 2 cups of soup)
Ingredients (recipe makes 2 servings)
- 2 cans (48 oz) nonfat chicken broth
- ¼ cup of tamari (gluten free soy available at health stores)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- splash or a pinch of Asian chili sauce or red pepper flakes (spice to taste)
- juice from 2 limes
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1.5 cup of chicken fajita mix from day 3 fajita recipe
- 1.5 cup of halved white mushrooms (or whatever type you love)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 4 bok choi heads
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- Combine the first 8 ingredients into a boiling pot and let simmer on low temp just to combine and infuse flavors for 3 minutes.
- Sauté onions and bell pepper in 1 Tbsp of grapeseed oil for two minutes and add to pot of simmering broth.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli, bok choi and simmer for another 4 minutes.
- Add pre-cooked chicken from dinner the night before at the end.