(serving size: 1 cup of quinoa cous cous)
- Ingredients (recipe makes 2 servings)
- salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup white onion
- ¼ cup celery
- 1 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp chives (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring a few times, until softened but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the quinoa and stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the stock has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Discard the sage and fluff the quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in the chives, parsley, cranberries and walnuts season the quinoa with salt and pepper and serve with 6 oz portion of roast turkey breast (left over from previous night dinner).